The SC/ST/OBC Cell, a statutory body has been constituted by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India (GOI) in National Institute of Technology Puducherry to safeguard the interests of the SC/ST & OBC students and employees of the Institute as per the instructions of MHRD, GOI from time to time.
* It functions to promote higher education among the SC/ST, OBC or weaker communities that are suffering from economic, social and educational deprivations.
* As a Grievances Redressal Cell for the grievances of SC/ST & OBC students and renders them necessary help in solving their academic as well as administrative problems.
* It continuously monitors and evaluates the reservation policies and other programs intended for SC/ST & OBC by the GOI for their effective implementation at NIT Puducherry.
* It suggests the follow-up measures to the administration of the Institute for achieving the objectives and targets laid down by MHRD, GOI for the empowerment of SC/ST/OBC.
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE:
* Cell Meeting with SC/ST Students on 04.02.2016.
* SC/ST/OBC Cell Email-id: